Guidelines for Receiving General Funding from the Graduate English Association
- Check the budget to see how much is allocated to your event.
- The budget for the academic year (September-August) is set by the GEA membership at the September GEA meeting. After its ratification in the fall, the budget is still flexible to some degree: it can be emended at any official GEA meeting.
- Hold your event. Have fun!
- KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS. This is crucial! The GEA treasury works on a reimbursement basis, and the treasurer cannot issue a cheque without a receipt.
- Submit your receipts in hard copy to the GEA. Leave them in a sealed enveloped addressed to the treasurer in the GEA mailbox in Rm. 719, Jackman Humanities Building.
- Email the treasurer to let him/her know you’ve submitted your receipts.
- If you submit your receipts by the last day of the month, your cheque will be ready for the 15th of the next month.
- Your cheque will be placed in your personal mailbox in Rm. 719, JHB.
Guidelines for Special Event Funding from the Graduate English Association
- Due to budget constraints, the GEA can no longer provide funding for reading groups.
- However, some money is available for colloquiums and special events hosted by reading groups.
- The funds will be distributed on a first-come-first-serve basis. If the total of requested funds is greater than the total set aside in the GEA budget, the money will be divided equally among the applicants.
- To apply for funding, send the GEA treasurer an application consisting of a brief description of the event, including date, topic, contact information of the organizers, and a breakdown of planned expenses.
- Reimbursement procedures are the same as those for general funding.
GSU Conference Funding
The GSU offers a limited amount of funding annually in order to support conferences organized by graduate students at U of T. The purpose of the GSU funding is to foster collective or cooperative work amongst graduate students within or across disciplines. For more information, consult the GSU’s Conference Funding page.